Disability Support Worker
Riverlink Disability Services Ltd is seeking experienced Disability Support Workers to join our energetic and dedicated team in providing care and support to individuals living with a disability. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and passionate about supporting people in day programs and short term accommodation settings, accessing community, leisure and social activities.
The role is suited to those with a genuine desire to promote individuals to have choice, independence and be able to exercise control over their own lives to achieve their individual goals.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Your experience should match the following:
- a minimum of 12 months experience as a in disability support
- experience in supporting people in day programs , community access, independent living settings and individual in home support
- successful completion of Certificate 3 in Individual Support in Disability or near completion Certificate 4 in Disability or a recognised qualification in Youth Work
- experience in implementing behaviour support plans
- knowledge of restrictive practice guidelines
- working knowledge in safe medication management
- Your application should indicate how your experience, skills and qualifications meet the above requirements.
Evidence of the following clearances, licenses and certificates are necessary for engagement as a Disability Support Worker:
- National Police Check/National Criminal Record Check issued less than 12 months ago or NDIS Worker Check clearance
- NSW Working With Children Check
- NSW Drivers Licence
- First Aid Certificate
- Legally entitled to unrestricted work in Australia.
- Employment will be subject to a NDIS Worker Check clearance